“Our Daily Bread” http://odb.org/
The Daily Devotions of Greg Laurie http://www.harvest.org/devotional
Written by Pastor Mike Campagna @ http://www.aheartforgod.org
10 Mistakes People Make with Christianity (plus 1 bonus)
January 29, 2016 by
10 Mistakes People Make with Christianity (plus 1 bonus):
1. Think it’s a religion (a list of do’s and don’ts / duties versus a relationship with God).
2. Follow other people’s ideas of Christianity (e.g. Catholic Popes, Catholicism) rather than the Bible’s instructions.
4. Think that it is through doing good deeds (e.g. being nice, not hurting anyone) that a person becomes a Christian in the first place (then why did Jesus have to die on the cross?). (Ephesians 2:8-9)
6. Candy coat / water it down or combine Christianity with another religion (e.g. Chrislam) when it can not be (the single thing that separates Christianity from all other religions is the Resurrection). (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
7. See Christianity as a means of attaining great wealth / money / material possessions (e.g. prosperity Preachers). (1 Timothy 6:9-10)
9. Overlook that Christianity has been the single, greatest force for good on planet earth while at the same time it can be and is often hijacked by charlatans, hypocrites and betrayers that give it a bad name.
10. Over complicate the simplicity of the Christian message / the Gospel (see visual).
BONUS Don’t realize a potential difference between a Christ follower and a Christian.
You might also be interested in: